Show Your Stuff
The Alumni Section
MAMC Editorial Board
Spandan Message Board
About the Site
Clinical Postings in MBBS Course
- The schedule below is for the old schedule to help out old graduates from MAMC. 1994 joining batch is taken as an example.
- PSM is now a MBBS II Subject.
- Forensic Medicine has been scrapped and the matter incorporated into PSM and Pharmacology (Toxicology).
- New duration for the sessions detailed on the MBBS main page.
MBBS I (Preclinical) August 1994 - December 1995
- Subjects: Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry
- No Clinical Postings
MBBS II (Paraclinical) January 1996 - September 1997
- Subjects: Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine
- Clinical Postings start as per MBBS III subjects.
MBBS III (Clinical) October 1997 - December 1998
- Subjects: General Surgery, Internal Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Anesthesiology, Otorhinolaryngeology (ENT), Preventive and Social Medicine (PSM).
- Clinical Postings:
- Dates are approximate.
- Postings follow the sequence below but initial posting varies according to batch
- Internal Medicine: October 1 1997 - November 30 1997
- Pediatrics: December 1 1997 - December 31 1997
- General Surgery: January 1 1998 - February 28 1998
- Orthopedics: March 1 1998 - March 15 1998
- ENT: March 16 1998 - March 30 1998
- Ophthalmology: April 1 1998 - May 31 1998
- ENT: June 1 1998 - June 15 1998
- Holidays: June 16 1998 - July 15 1998
- Obs. and Gynae: July 16 1998 - October 16 1998
Internship: January 1999 - December 1999
- Postings follow the sequence below, initial posting varies with each batch
- Internal Medicine: 2 months
- General Surgery: 2 months
- Pediatrics: 1 month
- Elective Posting (Anesthesia/Psychiatry/Skin & VD): 15 days
- Orthopedics: 15 days
- Preventive and Social Medicine: 3 months
- Basti Vikas Kendra: 8 days
- Biostatistics Unit: 8 days
- Child Observation Home: 4 days
- Family Welfare Clinic: 15 days
- Health Education Unit: 8 days
- New Delhi Tuberculosis Center: 4 days
- Primary Health Centers (PHCs): Alipur, Barwala, Pooth: 8 days each
- Urban Health Center (Gokulpuri): 15 days
- ENT: 15 days
- Ophthalmology: 15 days
- Gynecology and Obstetrics: 2 month